18 September 2008

it's hard to take risks with a pessimist

Sometimes when I think of how insignificant I must be according to all the laws of the universES, which are plural because I believe God made innumerable creations, I say to myself "ok well I exist, what are you going to do about it?" I guess that question is addressed to God and myself.
My friend slapped me on the leg and I re-focused on my place. Here in my place.

And indeed I do exist.
I think I exist for a few specific reasons. I exist to give hugs. I love holding people and being held. It is such a secure feeling. I'm so glad our arms are long enough to wrap around each other and squeeeeezzze.
I exist to dance around and be carefree. I like spreading this infection - it makes people laugh a little at least.
I exist to learn languages so I can travel, meet new people, hear their stories, really hear them then go home and spread the word.
I exist to bake. Everyone needs coconut macaroons and brownies to have a well-balanced life experience.
I exist to be a listener. I exist to walk like a llama. I exist to kiss. and tell. But tell for the sake of speaking, expressing just how damn great it was and how happy you made me feel.

We all exist for each other as far as I'm concerned.

1 comment:

Looper said...

I like this. One day I will write why I exist. It's good to evaluate our existence every now and then =)

ps. My no-man situation. He turned out to be a player. But I learned from the situation...i think. I don't regret the touch of conditional love ;)I realized I can have fun, but know to deserve more. If you want something to work, you wait.