03 February 2012

I love my internship in St. Louis. Today, I interviewed a chef who recently opened a new restaurant. They do a No Menu Monday and I got to ask her questions about it while the photographer took pictures. Apparently, the guests fill out a questionnaire indicating if they have food allergies, what foods they love or hate, and if they are going for taste or fewer calories. I think No Menu Mondays is a brilliant risk and a lot of fun, but the best part was that I, the lowly unpaid intern, was asked to interview her for a spread in the magazine. That's not all, though. When we got back to the office, David briefly showed me how he shoots pictures for feature stories then asked me to style two shoots. I was thrilled.

Today was the first day in a long time that I have felt useful, productive, appreciated, and happy. 

No comments: