14 July 2012

Day 3 Juice Fast



Today I made my favorite juice thus far:
pineapple
grapefruit
It was so sweet and both fruits yielded so much juice, which was very satisfying. The most frustrating thing with the juice fast, apart from a cloudy mind and a hungry stomach, is how much of each food you end up throwing away. I'm finding that the juiciest foods are grapefruits, grapes, celery, apples, and blueberries. The problem here is that these are packed with sugar and dumping sugars into your body will give you great energy for about 30 minutes and then you will crash. Just like when eating a candy bar or drinking maple syrup... It's important to balance the fruits with the vegetables. Lots of vegetables. Lots of organic vegetables. Needless to say, it's getting pretty expensive. But worth it, I think...

Today was my first day of training, which made juicing really difficult. The trainer gave us a task to find groceries to match specific diets. We were assigned vegan, vegetarian, raw, dairy-free, sugar-free, and gluten-free. I had dairy-free and grabbed vegan cheese to bring back to the break room. We had to learn all we could about the product and answer questions. When everyone returned with their food items, the trainer announced that we would each be sampling all the foods! What a nightmare! People brought the most delicious things like sweet potato hummus, fresh local guacamole, dark chocolate coconut bars, etc. I couldnt/didn't try any of it because I was juicing. The thought came to me that if I want to be an informed employee, I should sample these things, but then I thought, "No, it's better to continue juicing because I'll inevitably come across a whole foodian who wants to learn about juicing. In the end, I didn't feel bad about bringing nasty vegan cheese to the table—at least I didn't miss out on that. Apart from that one long activity, I'm enjoying training and even getting a lot of support with the juicing. I'm going to like working here.


2 comments:

kelly said...

Ok! First where are you? ILL? Your working at whole foods and on a juice diet? You do not need to diet and you can juice without fasting! Take care of yourself!

Unknown said...

look how pretty you are! congrats on the fast success so far. wes and i lasted exactly two meals.